Being charged with a criminal offense puts you in peril for a host of consequences that can jeopardize your security, freedom and future. In criminal proceedings, the odds are often stacked in favor of law enforcement and prosecutors. This is particularly true for federal cases, where the government often has unlimited resources to pursue criminal actions.
Our expertise, experience and indefatigable, aggressive advocacy and defense can help turn the odds to your favor.
With federal cases, including fraud, corruption, and other charges, prosecutors have the full investigation assistance of the FBI, DEA, IRS, SEC, and other agencies. Federal cases are often prepped and tried by the best and brightest talent in both law and investigation. Further, no expense is spared in prosecuting cases. Representation by an attorney who is experienced in federal criminal law is paramount for mounting a defense that leads to the best possible results.
We’ve achieved successful results for numerous criminal defense actions—federal, state and local—including corruption, DUI, drug, fraud, homicide, aggravated assault and burglary cases. We will help keep you and your case out of the media as you go through the legal process.
We have a proven track record of obtaining the best possible results for our clients. Here are some of the ways we’ve helped our clients prevail:
- A client charged with homicide for a fatal shooting—we negotiated the charge to third degree homicide, resulting in a dramatically reduced sentence.
- A client involved in a fight that resulted in a fatality—we helped our client avoid being charged. His name was never disclosed in the news media.
- A federal investigation of a client’s business practices resulted in no charges being filed and no news media exposure.
- A federal indictment was dismissed against a client without media exposure.
- Earned acquittal for a client charged with aggravated assault.
- Earned acquittal for a client charged with drug possession and intent to deliver.
- Earned acquittal for burglary charges.
Criminal law is an area that is growing in complexity as new stringent laws are passed for corruption, fraud, DUI, gun charges and other crimes. Laws are constantly changing. We are dedicated to constant continuing education to stay abreast of changes to laws, procedures and penalties.
If you face criminal charges, you cannot afford to hesitate in obtaining the best possible legal counsel, counsel who understands your predicament and is expert in criminal law and legal proceedings. We’ll be there for you in your time of need.
- Annual National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers DUI Seminar, Las Vegas, NV
- Annual Middle District of PA Federal Criminal Defense Training
- Annual Maureen Kearney Rowley – Eastern District of PA Federal Criminal Defense Training
- Pennsylvania Defender Trial Skills Training Seminar at Dickinson School of Law (2008)
- Annual Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Lawyer Association’s Driving Under the Influence Seminar
- Annual Pennsylvania’s Bar Institute Criminal Law Symposium
- Federal Defender’s Services Training Program – “Winning Strategies and Fundamentals of Federal Criminal Defense”, Indianapolis, IN (2011)
- Federal Defender’s Services Training Program – “Forensic Implications in your everyday Federal Case and Beyond, Buffalo New York (2013)
- Federal Defender’s Services Training Program – “Sentencing Advocacy Workshop”, Philadelphia, PA (2014)
- Interned with Attorney Joseph T. McGraw; McGraw, Peterson & Nepa
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert J. Conway; Wayne County Court of Common Pleas
- Former Public Defender; Dauphin County Public Defender’s Office
- Former full time Assistant Public Defender; Lackawanna County Public Defender’s Office
- Former part time Assistant Public Defender; Lackawanna County Public Defender’s Office
- Private Practice – Law Office of Joseph G. McGraw
- Private Practice; Partner at Nepa & McGraw, PC
- Criminal Justice Act Panel (CJA); Middle District of PA
- Conflict Counsel, Wyoming County
- Conflict Counsel, Susquehanna County
- Conflict Counsel, Lackawanna County